The Kitesurf Group:
The legendary Kitesurf group is the original kitesurfing group created in summer 1998 by Stefano Rosso (Brazil). As a kitesurfing pioneer, Stefano Rosso created a legendary group that has shaped the sport to its present days. Read the old messages and you will find many contributions from the kitesurfing inventors: Bruno Legaignoux (France), Cory Roeseler (US) and many other kiting pioneers: Raphael Salles (FOne, France), Dave Culps (KiteShip, US), Ian Young (Wind Designs, Australia), Ken Winner (North, US), Don Montague (Naish, Hawaii), Michel Montmigny (ConceptAir, Canada), Hung Vu (Kitesurfingschool.org), Laurent Ness (Axel, France), etc. Some of those pioneers are still reading the group’s messages daily and some even post fairly frequently.
In 2004, Stefano was too busy with many of his businesses and have transferred the general management responsibility of the group to Hung Vu. The group is also co-moderated by Chris Glazier (Canada) and Tim Mellor (Australia). Sign in, enjoy and live with the legend…
The Kitesurfing Forums
Since 2001, with the introduction of the easy to use phpBB Forum software, many kitesurfing forums have been created. Some of them are:
- The Kite-Surf Forum at http://www.kite-surf.com, founded by Robin Zwissler from San Jose, CA in 2001 (besides kitesurfing forum, the site also has an equipment review database).
- iKiteboarding Forums at http://forums.ikiteboarding.com/forums/20/ShowForum.aspx
- Kitesurf Forum (in French) at http://www.kitesurf.fr
- iKitesurf Forum at http://www.ikitesurf.com/community.iws
- The Florida Kiteboarding Forum at http://www.fksa.org/, founded by Rick Iossi
Recently, many kitesurfing manufacturers have created their own kitesurfing forums. You can visit their main site and check out their forums for more specific information regarding their equipments. The links to the kitesurfing equipment manufacturers can be found at kitesurfinglinks.htm#Commercial Links. Some example ones are: